View Single Post
Old 15th July 2012, 06:35 AM   #10
Amuk Murugul

Quote:
Originally Posted by christek
Hello all,

I feel this may be the suitable forum to place the subject of my concern. On a similar topic regarding international post; I have recently purchased a sword from Peru - using economy shipping to Australia. It has been over 5 weeks now and I still have not received my item Should I now be concerned? Is it normal for items such as swords to take this long to ship? Thank you.

Kind regards,
Chris
Hullo Chris,
Economy from Peru to Australia can take over a month before you receive it (usually longer than regular). Even a Registered article from there can take months (defies logic). The delay could be anywhere. (If the item was bought on THAT site, then I'd lodge an unfavourable feedback after four weeks, no buts.)The 'best' way (though still quite unsatisfactory), is to have the article sent by a service that uses tracking. This way, at least you can check whether the item has been posted, left country of origin, in transit, arrived at country of destination, cleared customs etc. Don't be surprised if 'transparency' of the tracking becomes an 'issue' when using a service with 'Track & Trace'.
Best,
Amuk Murugul is offline   Reply With Quote