View Single Post
Old 11th October 2015, 02:34 AM   #7
kahnjar1

Thumbs down GLOBAL SHIPPING PROGRAM

I recently bought an item from a seller in the USA who uses the Global Shipping Program. I would NEVER do so again. The seller was located in Colorado and my parcel destined for New Zealand left there on Sept 18th. The nearest International airports with direct service to New Zealand are San Francisco and Los Angeles so one would logically think that is where the parcel would have headed but NO......... Following the tracking details it then went on a tour of the US before finally being despatched to it's international destination on Sept 30th. Before leaving the US it went from Colorado to Grove City OH, to Indianapolis IN, to Erlanger KY, to Columbus OH, before disappearing off the tracking scope to its international destination. I finally received it on Oct 8th.
Some comments about this system. It is portrayed as being fast and cheap. In fact it is slow and very expensive compared with USPS services.
It may be a good system for US residents, but for non US residents it is a method of shipping to be avoided.
I do not for one moment blame the seller as he has signed up to a program which no doubt has been marketed to make more money for Ebay. Great for them I guess, but NOT for buyers who end up being forced to use it.
Any comments from others who have experienced poor service as a result of this system?
Stu
kahnjar1 is offline   Reply With Quote