View Single Post
Old 20th September 2006, 07:20 PM   #27
Doug M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivkin
Gentlemen,

I have not read a book yet, so here is my prediction:

a. It it probably going to be a definitive book on arms and armour, with great , well described examples.
b. I have yet to read a history book written by a persian that would not be dedicated to glorifying persian culture, persian tolerance and persian territorial claims (they usually claim Georgia, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Dagestan, Kurdistan and others to be 100% persian lands taken away by some colonizers), and so on, and so on. I am not going to argue these positions - it is not a history forum, just a matter of prediction.

So, my guess is 180 degrees from yours, B.I. - great catalogue of weapons but a persian book in all other aspects.
Not to start an argument, but this "prediction" has nothing to do with Arms and Armor from Iran. Any "prediction" is a gross generalization and appears to make an attempt at, somehow, attacking the author. I truly wonder what is the point of claiming that "I have yet to read a history book written by a persian that would not be dedicated to glorifying persian culture, persian tolerance and persian territorial claims."

It is best for readers to ignore the "predicted" association of "a persian book in all other aspects" and read the text. This is not a time to "enjoy the show"--whatever that means--but a time to review what has been written and comment on it in a respectful manner.

Sincerely,

Doug M