View Single Post
Old 16th May 2012, 01:59 PM   #5
David
Keris forum moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karttikeya
...however the dress particularly original dress, can will give great clue to identify blade origin..Frankly, I am not sure its wrongko in Bali dress, here I attached the wrongko pic probably you can tell me where is the wrongko from whether Bali or Java..
I'm not sure what you mean by "original" dress. Most old keris don't have the dress they were "born" with so generally when i use the term i am referring to dress made specifically for the blade. Again that doesn't tell us where the blade was made if we can ID the dress, only where the dress was made. Also, i have seen old dress adapted to certain keris where the adaptation is not at all obvious. What does that tell us about the origin of the blade. Nothing.
I think you are right to suspect, though, that this dress is not Balinese. It might just be the angle that you photographed it, but wrongko does not look to be the right shape and proportion for Balinese sheaths of this type, so maybe E. Java is it's origins after all. Also it's wearing a Javanese mendak.
David is offline   Reply With Quote