View Single Post
Old 15th December 2014, 12:49 PM   #13
A. G. Maisey

Jean, look at the bottom of the ganja, the bottom being the part of the ganja that touches the base of the blade.

Now count from below the sirah cecak with the point of the keris in the down position.

The waves in Semar's ganja go down > up >down > up > down --this last "down" trailing into the greneng.

Now count Haryoguritno's waves in the same way, then count Harsrinuksmo's waves in the same way.

You will find that although each of these illustrations of ganjas look different, they are in fact the same.

Do the same exercise with the two totally different illustrations of ganja dhungkul. Once again you will find that they are the same.

Now then, Mr. Semar.

I have the feeling that you are playing some sort of game with us.

You have already presented this keris to people whom I assume to be experienced and knowledgeable and who live in Central Jawa, and you have their opinions.

Then you present us with photos and ask for our opinions.

Can you please explain exactly what you hoped to achieve by this?

We all know that a photograph cannot compare with the actual handling of a keris when we need to form an opinion, but when somebody asks us to provide an opinion we still endeavour to do so.

We do this because we try to assist the questioner.

But here you are, effectively wasting our time with empty questions.

You already had what any reasonable person would regard as adequate opinions, and in light of your most recent post, it would seem that you had already accepted the opinions of these people as correct.

But you then post photos , initially with no comment, and fish for our opinions, in the process wasting our time.

For what purpose may I ask?

For your own amusement?

To my way of thinking this sort of behaviour comes dangerously close to the behaviour one would expect of a Troll.

It is entirely possible that I may be in error in respect of your motivation, so it is that I am more than willing to listen to a plausible explanation from you that will dispel my present opinion of your behaviour, and provide me with the opportunity to extend my apologies to you.

Last edited by A. G. Maisey; 15th December 2014 at 01:03 PM. Reason: clarification
A. G. Maisey is offline   Reply With Quote