View Single Post
Old 20th November 2013, 02:39 PM   #8
Ibrahiim al Balooshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1356
Salaams Ibrahiim, If you look at the picture, it clearly shows an Afghan dignitary setting next to the Saudi King, and at the end of the caption it says 1932. The text is partly blocked by the sword. What I am saying is it might have been presented to the guy in the picture, not to prince Ahamd Shah.

Fun fact I went to the same school as Ahmad Shah, except I did not get thrown out of school, like he did. {apparently he kept failing} What a douche.
Salaams yes I saw that it is in two languages French and English...It refers to the date 1932... The birthdate of the Saudia Arabia formation. Not to the presentation date perhaps ~ but I am searching to find a picture of Ahmad Shah. Funny they chucked him out of school ! Anyway they posted him off to Oxford university later...I wonder if this is his brother in the picture?...checking...no its not him; Muhammed Akbar Khan was only a year older than him and died when only 9 years old... perhaps then it is the old king himself ? Anyway here is a picture of Ahmad Shah.

The sword looks like a Straight Street Damascus job... or could quite easily be a Saudia production. I have one like it worth a whole lot less!! but the price on your presentation subject is entirely ruled by the ruler giving it away in the picture.

Regards,
Ibrahiim al Balooshi.
Attached Images

Last edited by Ibrahiim al Balooshi; 20th November 2013 at 03:32 PM.
Ibrahiim al Balooshi is offline   Reply With Quote