View Single Post
Old 5th March 2019, 10:10 AM   #11
Mercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel
Elgood’s entire first Indian book was about the connection between weapons and rituals. With multiple religious consultants working with him there is no way a feature that wide-spread would have escaped his investigative clutches.
I read the Bible. There is nothing about dinosaurs, Antarctica or the Earth’s magnetic field. Although there were consultants ... do not compare with anyone.
Why? Because the Bible was written about something else. Also the book you talked about it is written about something else: about weapons in the ritual (and then only one chapter). Above I'm talking about the ritual in weapons . This is another animal (like the difference between a palm squirrel and a fox).

Quote:
I am with Jens and mross: just a pretty embellishment.
Just an embellishment. Just India. Just another culture. Just three thousand years. Nothing complicated.

Quote:
India is a country filled with mysteries and hidden meanings.
A typical point of view of the 17-19th century. Where all western knowledge about the weapons of India and its culture got stuck.

Quote:
Because of that, we may be lured into futile searches for mysteries where there are none
All cats are grey in the dark

Last edited by Mercenary; 5th March 2019 at 10:21 AM.
Mercenary is offline   Reply With Quote