View Single Post
Old 1st February 2022, 04:52 PM   #40
shadejoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I am of a similar mind Rick. There is an awful lot of information in our archives. Sometimes it takes a few different approaches using different key words each time. A little work can make your discoveries even more worthwhile sometimes.
To be honest with you, the search function isn't what I would like it to be. But in my opinion it isn't a technical issue. Rather, it's the nature of this forum, the discussions themselves. What I'm looking for, e.g. Keris maintenance, is discussed under multiple threads with various subject lines that are seemingly unrelated to Keris maintenance. For example, the original thread may have been about Keris hilt or showcasing personal Keris but then the conversation evolves around how to clean or preserving it. I totally understand, it's how discussion works. We want to keep the flow although often times it develops into a bigger scope. That is why I think the search function is what it is and we may want to take a few different approaches using different key words. It seems like tags are few and far between.

So I totally understand where you're coming from, @David and @Rich.
As newbie, I'll take what I can get. I have nothing but high regards for this forum and its contribution to one of Indonesia's cultural heritages.

Cheers!
shadejoy is offline   Reply With Quote