View Single Post
Old 22nd February 2021, 05:34 PM   #28
JoeCanada42

The interpretation of these is so highly subjective and deeply arcane that few wish to enter these areas.,, I do like to, even if its just for fun...

Thanks for sharing you sword Kronckew I find it very interesting.
If I had to bet id say the wood handle could be original. looks like it could be 100 or 150 years old, and on a functional weapon id expect the wood handle to last. I dont know enough about the blades it looks older, But when your Nimcha was made assembled I bet it was with the wood handle. It looks like it matches. even the grain in the wood. your handle being of wood, and other nimcha handles with the more significant dragon shapes, remind me of Viking Boats...
Your Nimcha also on The Quillon has the three swirls wich look kinda like waves, matches the wood nautical viking theme, The image of the 3 swirls also look like Thors Hammer. also the actual "tear drop koftgari" on the quillons is very nice, gets me thinking maybe the whole reason the guard on nimchas has 3 prongs and not 2 or 4 may be symbolic. I looked at you original post and wish there was better photos, I suspect you eyelash mark is on the point of balance, and I like how the stars make a distance adequate to accommodate a limb or neck if cutting.

this may seem arcane but I was researching Orisha Gods recently specifically Ogun, and Shango. Shango In particular is significant to many .. is very Similar to Thor superficially.. just maybe "Viking" influence is understated

Last edited by JoeCanada42; 22nd February 2021 at 05:47 PM.
JoeCanada42 is offline   Reply With Quote