View Single Post
Old 21st July 2012, 11:35 PM   #3
David
Keris forum moderator

Oh yeah, the lines were stupid long...but nothing we didn't expect. I got sent first to the Arms & Military section, but as i suspected they would i got switched over to Asian Arts. The guy was really nice and appreciative of the collection (i brought 7 different blades of some variance to show the diversity). He owns one keris himself and says he has looked through a rather huge collection of a keris collector in Florida (hmmm, i wonder who? ). Interestingly enough he did like best the keris which undoubtedly has the highest monetary value of the ones i showed, though i'm not sure if he knew why he liked it beyond all the ivory.
While he was checking out my stuff one of the guys from the Arms & Militaria came over wanting to know if he could put a date on a Moro gunong because it's owner told him it was used in the capture of Jefferson Davis. :roll eyes:
He wanted to know if it was old enough o make the story possible.
When i tried to tell him it was a nice gunong from about 1900 he snapped at me "I know that!" and then ignored me. I guess if Jefferson Davis was in the Philippines in 1900 the owner's story was at least possible.

Last edited by David; 25th July 2012 at 05:11 AM.
David is offline   Reply With Quote