View Single Post
Old 15th January 2014, 08:56 AM   #179
Ibrahiim al Balooshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Yes Ibrahiim, we know…
Fortunately academic debates are not necessarily won based upon who writes the most about the subject during the debate just as in person arguments are not won by the person who argues the loudest.
Frankly i see that you have proved nothing in this debate. And very clearly more than one person disagrees with your conclusion while i do not see anyone lining up who agrees with your hypothesis. I will add myself to the growing group of people who are at least voicing their opposition to your theory. I suspect that many are remaining silent because they don't see the point of argument. The pommel figure is undoubtably a lion to my eyes. It has lion features that are not known to have ever been a part of the Makara motif such as the mane and is missing many of the features such as the snout/trunk which are classic indicators of the Makara.
I am afraid that if you cannot see the pommel is clearly a lion's head, especially with this last picture posted by Gavin, that further debate with you on the subject is futile. But do carry on if it makes you feel any better.
Salaams David. Good points well brought out! I agree.
Regards,
Ibrahiim al Balooshi.
Ibrahiim al Balooshi is offline   Reply With Quote