View Single Post
Old 24th February 2006, 06:25 PM   #3
wolviex

If you're planning visit Krakow/Cracow/Cracovia don't hesitate to let me know!

There are some antique shops but I have to warned you, that exporting antique objects from Poland is not easy, and you'll need many papers on it! To be exact, I have no personal experiences with exporting weapons, so maybe others can help, I suppose not everyone is examined on the border too. There is one general rule, you can export everything what is not Polish or with some significance to Polish history. But as Museum worker I have to make opinions sometimes for customs and I found that they're detaining everything what they can catch. It can be even modern kris, they just don't know anything about that! If you want to go throught with something legally, then you have to get papers but the process can be quite long. That's the reality!
I can ask around about antique shops. Mostly you'll find modern 20th century objects like bayonets, Russian, Prussian and Austrian sabres, medals, badges and orders, some uniforms - this is todays market full of lunatics who still want to buy such things. You have to tell me where exactly are you going. Poland is quite big country anyway , and what are you looking for. You can also mail to me on: wolviex@poczta.onet.pl

regards
Michal
wolviex is offline   Reply With Quote