View Single Post
Old 28th October 2013, 12:53 PM   #20
Jean

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. G. Maisey
Jean, to my eyes both the keris posted by you as examples of possibly even luk keris are not in even the slightest degree able to be interpreted as other than a 7 luk keris and 13 luk keris when using the current convention of count.
The form of the point on the 13 luk is very usual for this style of blade and the 7 luk blade is simply not able to be counted as anything other than 7.
In the most simple of terms:- if we follow the CCC it is impossible to produce a luk count that gives us an even number. Just can't be done.
Incidentally, how long is the 7 luk keris?
Hello Alan,
Thank you for your reply.
I acknowledge that according to the CCC the small blade should be interpreted and counted as 7 luks and although I do respect conventions and religions I am sorry that I can see and count only 6!
The blade is 28.5 cm long, it is a skeleton blade which probably had a normal lenght of about 35 cm originally. I have shown it alongwith another very old blade with 7 luks and a similar ganja of exactly the same size (7.6 cm long, probably a bit longer originally). In my view the short blade had probably 9 waves originally and not 7, what do tou think?
Best regards
Jean
Attached Images

Jean is offline   Reply With Quote