View Single Post
Old 30th December 2004, 08:32 PM   #1
Radu Transylvanicus

Default Photo thread: ROYALTY SWORDS , ARMS & ARMOUR from around the world

Photo thread: ROYALTY SWORDS , ARMS & ARMOUR from around the world

Its been a while now since I wanted to start this thread.
To what some might seem too discriminate or too snobbish, I would think to most of us would seem like a wonderful challenging idea that only good visual joy and education could exude. Since for these pieces finances were not problematic at all, most times they are creme de la creme as one would expect employing the best armorers, the best techniques and the best materials creating supreme pieces, most times not so forged by the battle but the quintessential example of representative weapon for the nation in cause worn by its ruler.
In some cases like vassal nations, tribes, unrecognized independence or satellite states some arguments may raise but I hope we can overcome and acceptance will prevail...
Lets find the most wonderful pieces of swords, arms and armour that once or still belong to royalty and expose them to our and the public eye.
Guidance lines: IMAGE with the name of the king, sultan, emperor, shah, czar, monarch and so on or royal house and times of reign and area where it belonged to.
Example: Sword of Maximilian, Emperor of Mexico 1832 – 1867 – photo by Leiden Library from Museo Nacional de Ciudad de Mexico.
Radu Transylvanicus is offline   Reply With Quote