Thread: Keris pincit?
View Single Post
Old 3rd February 2022, 08:51 PM   #13
David
Keris forum moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. G. Maisey View Post
Especially so when "pusaka keris" are offered for sale. Any keris that at one time might have been pusaka ceases to be so the instant it is sold. Pusaka keris must be given.
I've brought this point up in discussion, not only here, but in other keris discussion venues numerous times. I find my take on this is often met with crickets. Why? Probably because the word "pusaka" has lost much of its true meaning in the keris collector world. It has become little more than a selling point for many. Collector get very excited about the idea of owning "pusaka" keris and just the mention of the word can be enough to raise the dowry of a keris by hundreds of dollars. The idea of buying a pusaka is, of course, ridiculous and illogically if one just stops for a moment and considers the meaning of the term. But when i have questioned folks who proudly present their newly acquired "pusaka" keris about what more they believe they have bought with a keris that was sold as "pusaka" they generally get offended by my query.
David is offline   Reply With Quote