View Single Post
Old 30th October 2007, 09:02 PM   #9
David
Keris forum moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raden Usman Djogja
David,

I am sorry not translating "keblondrok" in English. I dont know the proper translation of it. Keblondrok is the situation that somebody pay much more effort than he should. Oh.. no.. no.. I dont know how to express keblondrok. It is a funy word.

warm salam,
Usmen
Thanks for the effort Usmen. I think i get what you mean.
But it also seems to me that once someone has gotten a hold of a genuine certificate it would be very easily counterfeited. Even if experienced keris collectors could tell the difference the beginner would still be easily fooled by the fake piece of paper. The experienced keris collector shouldn't need the paper to judge the quality of the keris, his experience should tell him. And as i already pointed out, even when the certificate is genuine it is still only one persons opinion as to tangguh and quality. Even if that person is well respected they could still be wrong in their evaluation. This paper has no real definitive value. When dealing with a "low moral trader" one must simply look at the keris in question, not the seller or any document he claims to hold about the keris. If you don't know enough about keris to be able to judge if the one presented to you is worth the asking price how would you be educated enough to know if the certificate presented with it is real or not. Sorry, It seems to me that keris certificates only open up the keris world to even more means of deception than already exists.
David is offline   Reply With Quote