View Single Post
Old 8th March 2017, 02:42 PM   #6
David
Keris forum moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by drac2k
Fantastic plaques of Philippine weapons(do I see a Japanese Naginata there); did they go for huge money?The information may be in the link that you provided, but I can not open it.
On one of the plaques, it looks like it is dedicated to the Generals of the Brigade, D.Diego and Martin de Velasco.A quick search on the internet didn't result in any information on these individuals; are you aware of any history of these men?
The first general's name was D. Diego Buil, but i still didn't find anything in a search under that name.
Here is a translation of part of the article that talks about the two men named on the plaque.
"What is clear is that they were donated by General Buil, a soldier who was stationed in Palencia at the head of the Farnese Regiment, based today in Valladolid. Diego Buil and Martín de Velasco was born on August 15, 1843 and forged a solid professional career in the cavalry weapon throughout the second half of the nineteenth century, fighting fundamentally in the Carlist wars of the Isabellan side. It was destined to the island of Cuba in September of 1875, where it remained until 1884, year in which it returns to the Peninsula with the degree of colonel, after to have fought to the Cuban separtistas in different moments.
In May 1885, he was given the command of the Lancers of Farnesio, a regiment that was now quartered in Palencia, a city to which he would always feel strongly united. This regiment would leave the garrison of Palencia to move definitively to Valladolid in 1896. That year, Diego Buil, was named general of Brigade and continued to the front of the lancers."
David is offline   Reply With Quote