View Single Post
Old 16th April 2005, 09:27 PM   #23
Conogre

Hi Tom, and sorry, it's 3/16" thick (one of my last posts, while the eyes were crossing instead of the T's **grin**), just shy of 1/4", thick enough that there is NO blade vibration, thus my using it for many traditional axe chores.
A friend gifted me with that one, and being viewed with collecting eyes at the time I wasn't overly impressed while over time it's become a user favorite, prompting closer examination.......familiarity does not always breed contempt!**grin**
Yes, it does have a basic Bonifascio flavor, by the way.
A few months ago, while parrying with a friend I parried a bit too hard and snapped the blade of a Pakistani shortsword without so much as putting a nick in this one.....oooops!
We often look at our pieces strictly through historic eyes, accidently putting on blinders and looking down our noses at recent items, particularly those with ethnographic origins, which often seems paradoxical to me and I find it refreshing to see that there is still much more than meets the eye in regions that have been using blades for centuries.
Mike
Conogre is offline   Reply With Quote