View Single Post
Old 26th April 2013, 04:36 AM   #1
A. G. Maisey

Default Collecting:- opinions sought

I've been in Solo over the last couple of months, and have been in contact with a different collecting environment than the one which applies to many of the contributors to discussion in this Forum.

This morning I spent some time going back over recent threads in this Forum, and the contributions to those threads. This exercise has raised some questions for me. I'm not sure if these specific questions have been raised in previous threads, if they have, possibly somebody who is better organised than I am may be able to refer me to those threads, however, even if these questions have been raised previously, I do feel that current opinions could still be of value, as opinions do change with the passing of time.

Q1.

does knowledge of the society, culture and history from which a collected item come enhance the pursuit of collecting those items?

Q2.

if the response to Q1. is "yes, it does", is it a reasonable expectation that the majority of collectors would attempt to improve their knowledge in these areas ?

Q3.

if the response to Q1. is "no, it does not", can the reasons why it does not be identified ?

These questions are directed at my own self education, and I would very much appreciate your responses.

Thanks people.
A. G. Maisey is offline   Reply With Quote