View Single Post
Old 22nd December 2008, 09:26 PM   #28
Michel

Smile Can we disagree on a dream ?

Thank you David,
To have taken so much time and effort to explain the rules of this little game.
Now, if one cannot abide to the rules, one should not play at all !
So I should not have played ! Why ?
Because there is no way I could play by the rules, of figuring out a keris that would be my dream keris. I am not an artist who can create from nothing an object, which will be an art piece. I need example, something I can base my ideas on and develop from there with sets of rules. If I do not know the rules, I will be in trouble developing anything.
Mastering the rules of the keris, is something that Alan and may be you, have done but not me. Alan having learned and worked many years under the guidance of Empu Suparman Supowijaya is probably capable of describing a keris that would suite him. He has done it in his December 13 description but with all respect for Alan description, I cannot see his keris, I cannot visualise his description. Ferrylaki did the same, I cannot see his dream keris.
Kiai Carita did the same, quite precisely, but still I cannot see what he dreams of.
Do I care about the origin of the nickel, if it is meteorite or from a bicycle ? Absolutely not !
The pamor, yes I do love the example I have shown, neat, precise, discreet, not flashy but elegant.
Doest it mean, that this example is “THE Kris” for me ? No, it is the one that I have seen, that pleases me most.
Does it mean it is the one that would best fit my Personality? I do not care, this aspect of the keris culture goes far beyond my understanding and ability to admit a reciprocal influence between the keris and the personality.
I summary Davis, a far too long message for a game I should not have done !
If you can play by these rules, fine with me, but I am afraid I will not be able to know your dream keris! But keep dreaming !
Regards
Michel
Michel is offline   Reply With Quote