View Single Post
Old 18th July 2014, 08:37 PM   #22
Ibrahiim al Balooshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim McDougall
Thank you very much Ibrahiim, and for astutely realizing that my comments were indeed directed at the group of threads which have run concurrently and all addressing various scope of Arabian history and arms. As you note I was actually reiterating what my own opinion was concerning aspects of these, and I did not actually address the kahnjhar matter specifically because that particular segment is still clouded to me.

My main objective here was primarily to address collectively the profoundly present 'contention' which has constantly plagued these otherwise fascinating threads. My hope is that all participants in these will ascend to the higher goal of focus on subject matter without personal rancor. The great thread on Omani forts and cannon already has fallen victim to this and we have too much vested here to lose another.

Since the participants I intended to address have been engaged in all the threads I refer to in my post, and was prompted by the most current 'interactions' , it simply fell into this thread.

Thank you everybody for your consideration in the matter.
Salaams Jim, It is always a pleasure to see you write and as an example to the standard we all aspire to... It was indeed sad to see the Forts thread closed and I can only hope that it reopens since there is a lot of detail to add there ...and from the viewpoint of the excellent additions made by authors like Fernando and who put such a lot of expensive time and effort into their posts I feel most sad...The canon museum in the great fort at Rostaq was on my agenda and as you know I spent months traveling hundreds of kilometres and getting ministry permission etc I was able to compile the lead in to what I hoped would be a key thread...There are over 1000 old forts in Oman and we were in the process of delivering them onto a readable compendium not yet seen and with the Sohar fort unfrocked so to speak... A phenomena that may not be seen for another 100 years..

Regards,
Ibrahiim al Balooshi.
Ibrahiim al Balooshi is offline   Reply With Quote