View Single Post
Old 4th May 2020, 10:13 PM   #3
A. G. Maisey

Mickey, my approach to not displaying photographs of the keris in my possession is purely and simply a personal choice that I have taken because I do not like the idea of people whom I do not know, and who have never exchanged a personal word with me looking at images of things in my possession that they cannot possibly have any understanding of, nor respect for.

Even if people visit me and ask to see my "keris collection", what they actually get to see and handle are keris that I intend to offer for sale in the not too far distant future. People I know well and whom I know to have a degree of understanding and respect are treated differently.

I guess only you, yourself, can provide the correct answer to your own question. It comes down to your personal feelings.

If you do not feel even the smallest bit uncomfortable about exhibiting photos of these keris, then why hesitate to do so? You have no personal connection to them, they are not a part of you, why hesitate to let others see images of them?

On the other hand, if you have even the slightest doubts about the wisdom of giving everybody in the entire world access to images of things that are in your possession, you might sleep better if you do not open the doors of your security room.
A. G. Maisey is offline   Reply With Quote