View Single Post
Old 25th September 2006, 04:19 AM   #59
Doug M

Default No Character Attacks Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivkin
Gentlemen,

I am yet to receive the book, but I am well aware of the ideology behind CAIS and Professor Farrokh; I also have read Manoucher's posts for quite a while, so I know his opinion as well.
Do you mean to make some sort of character attack here? What does any of this have to do with the text? It is best to avoid obvious attempts at discrediting someone (if, indeed, that is the intention above).
Quote:
In short - I support the second opinion, I strongly believe Manoucher (If I am wrong, I will personally apologize before him and his supporters), Farrokh and others support the first.
Your opinion is fine, but it has nothing to do with a read of the text. Again, I wonder what is the idea behind posting this.
Quote:
There is no shame in disagreement,
Disagreement is fundamental to human nature. So, yes, having opposing views and being able to act in a civil manner is absolutely fine, acceptable, and necessary.
Quote:
but I think the community should read Manoucher's book, just as everything written by me, knowing that there is a fundamental split in opinions and two rather opposite views on Persian military and Persian history.
Well, to take this seriously, one has to read the book--let alone receive it--to arrive at any conclusion before making assertions.

Curiously, is this a thread about the book in question or about the author? Because the focus has shifted with what seems to be very negative intentions. If this is a thread about the book (assuming this is the case with a title such as "New book: Arms and Armor from Iran"), it should solely be about the book.

Doug M