View Single Post
Old 16th February 2010, 12:59 PM   #16
rasdan

Gotta add a bit more. Blu gotta point there. The wood grain on your first keris is rather rare for a Northern Peninsula (Kedah etc) keris. Most of them uses wood like your second keris and my example and also Blu's first example (nice keris Blu) - No or little chatoyance. So this may add to the possibility that this is from Riau as Blu had mentioned. But again, for the overall score i would guess that this is a Peninsula keris. (Alan would hate this sort of "guessing game" discussion - sorry Alan )

I think I just learned a new thing here. I just remembered that i used to have a keris like your first example, but minus the wood grain. My guess is that it is from Perak. Unfortunately i cannot locate the photos. The folder is there, but theres no pics inside.

Your second example and Blu's is probably from Kedah area that is close to Kelantan and Thai border where their accent is closer to the Kelantanese accent. As you can see, in your first example the sampir and batang serunai is rather flat than your second example which is a bit rounded - very much like Kelantan/Pattani. But this is just my rookie guess, I could well be wrong.

Regarding the pendongkok in #1 and your replacement is no appropriate, i think a typical Peninsular Telur Ikan pendongkok or as in any of Blu's example would be nice.

I think your second example and Blu's first example is rather rare in form and i love it. Congrats guys..
rasdan is offline   Reply With Quote