View Single Post
Old 6th June 2019, 07:08 AM   #16
M ELEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernando
Yes you should, Cap'n; and don't listen to what those frightening guys are telling you about the mosquitoes. They must have been in N.O. in their previous incarnation; there are no more mosquitoes over there .
And, as you are a boatsman, i recommend you a little cruise in the steam paddle boat along the Mississippi and another in a nearby bayou. And don't forget to carry a handful a marshmallows to attract the 'gators. Some are so big they could play the role of the croc that devoured Captain Hook's hand .
And, as you leave or as you enter, an overnight (or two) in one of those mystic plantations .
"Nando, you make me want to pack my bags and go right now! Just had a friend that went and did a cemetary tour of the city. She was completely blown away! I hear that the bar where Jean Lafette used to hang out is stil there. That river boat also sounds extremely amazing! Fernando, did you go while you were visiting here?

Speaking of river boats, didn't Jim Bowie have a knife fight atop one in a famous duel on the Mississippi? Have to do a little research on that one.

Wayne, that is truly a nice piece! Good find!
M ELEY is offline   Reply With Quote