View Single Post
Old 24th February 2013, 08:36 AM   #14
fernando
Lead Moderator European Armoury

Quote:
Originally Posted by marklefont
PLEASE PEOPLE !!!! I do not want to start a debate about chinese fakes, age of swords, or anything else! I just want to find out what these inscriptions say / mean. It is unfair to coopt my thread to push your own political agenda. We can talk about ( and you can rail about ) fakes, chinese things, and anything else you care to LATER. I posted this on this site because I was led to believe that experts inghabited this site and that I could find a translation. Do not other people ask for this kind of thing? Snotty sarcasm has no place here. I am asking a perfectly legitimate academic question. Are the "experts" on this site not up to it? I am beginning to be disappointed. Cheap shots are easy; having the skill to translate an obscure script is not.
Thank you for your wise words. We can see that your agenda is very demanding, to the point that it doesn't include observations that are intrinsic to the subject of your query, whether you like them or not. In such case, no expert may follow the steps of your desire. You have had a solid demonstration that the the inscription is a fake; hardly any expert may be able to read what is meaningless.
Also your quoting terms like political agenda and sarcasm are possibly part of a text you were meant to keep for a different letter.
Nevertheless, we appreciate your input; we always learn something, even if it is out of nothing.
Thread closed.