View Single Post
Old 15th February 2013, 01:22 AM   #30
pbleed

Well, gee.
I tried in concrete terms to explain what IJN daggers are really worth. There are lots of books and websites that offer this information on these blades. I did not mention the fact that I currently have a IJN dagger that I would sell for XXX as a ad. I simply thought it was a graphic demonstration of the real world value of such daggers.
Apparently, my comments on the other "sword" seemed harsh. I'm sorry. But this knife it has nothing of the balance and beauty of a real Japanese sword. I never met your Dad. And Lord knows that I have made lots of good friends at Gun Shows.I probably would have liked him. But, whatever he paid for it, as an investment, this knife has essentially no upward potential. It was, in other words, "a bad investment." Maybe your Dad had a great day, a pleasant trip, and a good lunch. I hope so. Maybe he liked buying this sword. That's okay, too. But you seemed to want information about this knife and I assumed that the purpose of this list is to tell the truth.
Maybe I was short, but I tried only to tell you about this knife. It is not old. It is Chinese in origin, and -given the standards of Japanese swords- it is not handsome.
Peter

Last edited by pbleed; 15th February 2013 at 02:17 AM.
pbleed is offline   Reply With Quote