View Single Post
Old 25th January 2005, 07:54 AM   #7
rasdan

Im really confused of this kind of keris. I'm sure all of u guys had seen a lot of it. Due to the abundance of it, how can we know which is the genuine stuff? Me myself have a tendancy to say it is a new keris if showed to me, but how can we be sure? Perhaps the one on front of our nose is the genuine thing. God knows. Is the keris buda in the late Mr. Bambang's encyclopedia genuine? I believe if i had the keris in the encyclopedia in my hands and showed it to others, they will plainly say that it is a fake. But, since it is in the book, perhaps majority of the keris lovers will say it is authentic. (Of course, since its from a credible source) What im trying to say is, both the so called "fake" and the "genuine" article looks damn similar. And also, if we are evaluating keris in their energy side, some people told me that even the new keris buda have some energy. Perhaps the difference is only the strength. But this is not possible to be gauged by keris lovers that dont hav the "energy" knowledge. Only the esoteric guys can measure this. What about the rest of us that worship the keris for its exoteric?

In my opinion, if we have at least 2 or 3 samples of the so called genuine keris buda, we can have some bench mark on determining the authenticity. So, I'm begging u guys that have the genuine keris buda that u are at least 80% sure of the authenticity to show us the picture of the kerisses. At least we can evaluate the kerisses and disscuss some more, why it is genuine.