View Single Post
Old 28th January 2019, 11:42 PM   #11
Athanase

Thank you all for your advice.

Alan: I understand the concept of "Lis" but I do not understand if it must be in the extension of the surface of the pendok or if it must be in over-thickness, a bit like a border in relief?
I have silver foil (0.5mm thick) but the pendok is brass. I don't know anything about welding, but will this difference in materials not make welding difficult?
Otherwise there is the solution of a fixation with a strong glue of Lis on the pendok (removable with acetone).

In any case, it's not the blade that hindts the advanced pendok (I try without) is the width of the base of the gambar which is too big. At maximum the pendok arrives at 1mm from the edge of the left and right side.

For the pesi this can be done by my brother who is locksmith / metaller (he manufactures and installs gates, banisters, guardrails etc ...)
For the work of silver I asked him, he never learned and his tools are too big for such fine work.

For the washing of the blade it is possible (vinegar, or citric acid), but for staining .... it's complicated to find realgar, good lemons, good dosages ... I already made 2 test on very average blades, the first did nothing (I think the indicated dose of realgar was too low). And the second made a very ugly result (the realgar had largely turned into orpiment).
Athanase is offline   Reply With Quote