View Single Post
Old 2nd January 2013, 11:51 AM   #12
Dimasalang

There actually was one General of Aguinldos 1st Republic I have seen and heard that carried what looked to be a Moro Kris. I have not found any information on this general at all. There were military representatives of the 1st Republic that traveled as far as Mindanao as well to establish and take over territory in association to the revolution and then the Phil-Am War. But typically these representatives were natives of Luzon and many times nobody followed or listened to them.
The Americans were smart in calling a temporary truce with the Moros, telling them their war was with the 'Tagals' of the North and not the Moros. The Bates Treaty was nothing but a delaying instrument so the Moros wouldn't get involved with the war at the time. God only knows what would of happen if the Moros joined in the fight against the American colonizers.
As for the eagle, I never came across a Katipunan or 1st Republic symbol with a eagle or bird. The only thing similar would be Aguinaldos sword w/ an eagles head, but he took possession of that sword from a Spanish General.

Last edited by Dimasalang; 2nd January 2013 at 12:06 PM.
Dimasalang is offline   Reply With Quote