View Single Post
Old 5th March 2019, 04:43 PM   #19
David
Keris forum moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pusaka
David many people believe a keris pusaka can not be passed on to someone outside the family (without a handover ceremony conducted by a member of the family anyway). For that reason they are only interested in a keris made specifically for themselves. If I seen a nice keris for sale though I wouldn't worry that it was made for someone else. I would be happy to have it on my wall regardless.
I don't believe i or anyone else here even suggested that one cannot or should not collect old keris pusaka. My comment was aimed at the habit of some collectors making a point of identifying keris in their collection as keris pusaka when that chain of lineage had been broken and the keris no longer serves as pusaka. I believe the same can be said of keris hidup. You can collect them, care for them, but the "mission" they were originally intended for is over and the idea that we can access or harness someone else's power or magickal intention for our own needs is probably a bad idea even if it were possible. So yes, your wall would make a wonderful "retirement home".
David is offline   Reply With Quote