View Single Post
Old 17th May 2014, 06:14 PM   #2
David
Keris forum moderator

Hi Isumairuchiru, welcome to the forum. I am afraid we do not do monetary appraisals of this forum. I suggest you have a good look at the rules of conduct posted in the main forum and the special Keris Forum rules posted in this one to be sure you fully understand how we operate.
That said i'm afraid i don't have much good news for you about your keris. The sheath is from the Bali/Lombok region. Though possibly restorable, it is in rather poor condition and was never high quality to begin with so i'm not sure it is worth putting the time and effort into it. You've presented a number of close-ups of the "stones" so i hope it doesn't disappoint you that these are fairly valueless pastes. The fit of the blade into the sheath looks very loose so i would think this is a marriage of the blade to this pre-existing sheath.
The blade is also rather low quality, perhaps more so than the sheath. It may also be from Bali/Lombak, but it does not have any of the distinct characteristics i expect from a keris of that region so i can't be sure.
The hilt has no business being on this or any keris, as it is not a keris hilt at all. I have seen the form before, but i would have to do a little research to tell you exactly what kind of blade it belongs on.
So, it appears to me that you have an "ensemble" made up of unrelated parts put together by someone trying to find a way to clear them out of their shop. Probably not what you hoped to hear, i'm afraid. Don't be discouraged by this, as i believe many of this have less than brilliant stories to relate about acquiring our first keris.
David is offline   Reply With Quote