View Single Post
Old 5th May 2015, 08:23 PM   #13
David
Keris forum moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav
Regarding keris attributed Tok Chu to Tok Chu, perhaps the most useful thread is:

http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=7618

Perhaps it sounds harsh, but the information from the thread David linked in previous post sounds like a typical dealers invention with the purpose to sell better their stuff - three completely different keris from at least two very different time periods and quite different quality are linked to a famous name; "tok chu luk, normally with 3 n 5 luk, tokchu pamor, tok chu with 'belalai gajah' with atmost (sic) similar to keris malela" has been "introduced", the Tok Chu now appears to have lived circa 150 years earlier, in a more "magically loaded" time...

Becouse of such "inventions" I am afraid, there are almost none possibilities for a serious research left, and absolutely none in about 30 years for sure.

My apologies for spoiling the business.
That was part of why i posted it because i thought it explained Green's confusion about seeing multiply styles of blades called Tok Chu. As you probably noted in the thread i was most aggressive with the OP trying to make some sense of the multiple styles he presented being seen under the single name of Tok Chu. I don't believe any of us were fooled at the time.
David is offline   Reply With Quote