Thread: Ram Dao
View Single Post
Old 9th February 2019, 11:41 AM   #3
ariel

This is the Eye of The Goddess: Shakti, the feminine primordial energy.
There are quite a few manifestations of Shakti: Sita, Radhika, Kali, Durga, Lakshmi etc, each with her own but with often overlapping origins and features. Indian pantheon of divine personae is complex and multilevel and might be fully understood only by a dedicated full-time devotee.

Ram Daos come in a variety of shapes and sizes, each for a sacrifice of a particular variety of animal. Many of them are capable of being a fiersome battle weapon, but are not used as such: they are purely sacrificial. As such they can be of a bizarre form, very heavy and unwieldy. I am attaching couple of pictures of mine.

I would not advise you to be an even minimally aggressive “ restorer”. Gently remove any active rust, do not remove any patination, oil it and... that’s it.

First, any active restoration will inevitably remove any historical value of the Ram Dao, but what is really important is the second: do not mess with Goddesses who ride lions, bite off their tongues , have 8 arms each holding a weapon and require fresh blood. Female characters may be overemotional. If you are married, you might know what I mean.
Attached Images

Last edited by ariel; 9th February 2019 at 01:24 PM.
ariel is offline   Reply With Quote