View Single Post
Old 11th September 2023, 05:35 PM   #23
gp

Quote:
Originally Posted by OsobistGB View Post
There is not a single Bosnian knife in the photograph shown.They are characteristic of the region of Θεσσαλονίκη/Thessaloniki/Солун located on the territory of present-day Greece.There, the ethnic composition of the population is so diverse that there is no way to define exactly which ethnic area the knives belong to
Interesting….you say first it is not Bosnian and later you say you can not define….

Either a woman is pregnant or not, but there does not exist something like a little pregnant…(defining it to yet a region….)

Nevertheless….I bought 2 out of 3 in Herzegovina…which is part of Bosnia now and in the past since the Kingdom of Tvurtko.

Than again a lot of folks from different etnicities lived in Bosnia and Hercegovina: Vlachs, Montenegrins, Serbian, Croation, Bosnian, Turkish, Albanian, Greek, Roma, Sephardic Jewish….hence many influences did enter, were taken over into different ways of live.
In a multicultural society like the Ottoman Balkans was, one must be careful to make such firm statements….

When you mention characteristics, mention them specifically and in detail, but I can assure you that there are also Austrian books on the Balkans from 1880 which mention characteristics dedicated to (perhaps) others….

Solun was not Greek but Macedonian with a first in the Balkans very heavy Sephardic population, which spread later to other countries an regions like Serbia, Dalmatia, BiH and so on …..

I can only claim where I did buy the knife…

Last edited by gp; 11th September 2023 at 05:48 PM.
gp is offline   Reply With Quote