View Single Post
Old 28th April 2006, 04:40 PM   #6
morovinta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick
Nice pics 'Vinta,

Okay , I've wondered about this long enough .
I have a couple of nice balisong from Batangas shops .
I've found that you have to kind of tune them to get optimum performance as they, being hand made, are all a little different .

What I want to know is ; what is the purpose of the beveled holes in the blade and the shallow notches on the false edge ?
I got the bottle opener cut out figured ; that's easy enough ; but the other features have always puzzled me .

What's up with them ?
Hi Rick,

Thank you for the question.

I can make a quick idea as to the beveled holes on the blade, but, because the photoshoot was a kin's opportunity at a leisure vacation rather than inspection, my answer would only be a guess. First, maybe holes at middle of balisong, when tied to a length of a rod, can make steady bindings. 2nd, maybe holes at false edges (tip of blade), when attached to a base can make sharp fulcrums. While analysis is easy when within the context of a guess, I am sure the holes add, rather than substract from the utility of the knife.

I remember in the same accuracy as your observation, i asked a college lass why, after she have her ears pierced, she got her navel pierced, then her nose pierced. I have to exhort myself to absorb her answer..... Rick? Things are cute and more endeared when they got holes in them.
morovinta is offline   Reply With Quote