View Single Post
Old 14th April 2015, 09:27 PM   #18
kahnjar1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickystl
Hi Stu. Thanks so much for the pics !!! First time I've ever seen the breech area on these barrels. Ok. I see the stud for the pin that holds the breach area of the barrel to the stock. That makes sense. Yes, there does not appear to be a breech plug, as we usually refer to one. Looks like some type of iron is added to the breech end and then hammer or forge welded closed. Very unusual. I gu was this was done to eliminate the need for threads. But it looks like the hole in the breech is larger than the bore diameter, which would confirm my theory of the powder chamber. What do you think? Nice to see the brass decoration on the barrel after cleaning. What a surprise.
Well, I'm still on limited correspondence. They are rebuilding the new server computer at work today. So I won't be able to post additional pics of the Jazail o r another gun till Saturday. Again, thank you so much for these barrel pics. I have take the barrel off mine to see if it was built similar. Rick.
As stated before, I have extreme doubts as to the existence of a "powder chamber". IF one exists how does one see that it is filled to the CORRECT level?? On pistols with turnoff barrels one can see how full the chamber is...........
Stu
kahnjar1 is offline   Reply With Quote