View Single Post
Old 1st March 2005, 03:15 PM   #74
Mare Rosu
Deceased

Thumbs up Knife holder test

JENS
You are very astute MR. JENS
I failed to take a picture of the knife on the magnetic holder at the tip end.
I placed the knife on the holder in two different places that is why you see two areas of magnetic fields and not just the one, both times were approximately five minutes each time with the tip end placement being the last one.
I thing the Case knife picture was different in that the knife profile came out very well while on the Mysore dagger just the magnetic fields are shown.
You ask about the compasses, yes I had to go to two different stores to get them, I tried to get all of them to be the same but could not find four just alike.
One other thing JENS, is that if you look closely at the Mysore dagger with the four compasses on the blade you will see that the tip end compasses is pointing North not South. I do not know why that happened as I did not notice it myself until I posted the pictures, another mystery on the never ending quest for information on Magnetic Weapons!
JIM
I thank you for your comments and will of course stay around as this thread is now becoming a college course for the uninformed (me).
With folks like you and ANN, as well as RIVKIN and I must also add
FEARN for his input/suggestions ( I think he is getting all of his "smarts" from his mother! ) it is hard not to learn from all of this. I also think it is a very interesting subject and not well understood. I do "blame" all of this on JENS, why cant he just read an not ask all of these hard questions?
Gene
Mare Rosu is offline   Reply With Quote