View Single Post
Old 1st March 2005, 04:30 AM   #72
Jim McDougall
Arms Historian

Hi Ann,
That is exactly what is great! You are able to discuss material that is typically pretty involved and technical and integrate fascinating historical data, which makes it possible to understand
The original course of this thread was to try to discover how extensively lodestone was involved in the wootz in blades. In some of the material we discovered it seems that it inadvertantly occurred in the raw material from Hyderabad, which remained in certain janbiyya blades found in Arabia.

The ensuing discussion here has been fascinating, and I think I've learned more than in any science class I ever took! ( as far as I can remember...the little red schoolhouse ya know!!

Gene,
You better not bail out on us here!!! You have been doing an incredible job of scientific experimentation, I think the first of this type I can recall. What you are doing presents some excellent hands on perspective for some of the somewhat complex ideas that have come up. Thank you for following through on this !!! Outstanding work!

All the best,
Jim
Jim McDougall is offline   Reply With Quote