View Single Post
Old 18th January 2019, 03:00 PM   #63
Pusaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill M
I am curious about your comments. What are your sources? Or are you just espousing your personal opinions?

It was my understanding that Indonesian Islam is founded and intermixed with previous religions and varies that even though the majority of Indonesia is Islam, but syncretic with other religions.

Quite different from than the Middle East Islam.

So it could be, and possibly would be, Islamic prayer still be infused in the keris.
Well I used to practice Silat and so learnt a few things regarding Keris through that, plus reading, plus Indonesian friends who sell and deal with keris.

As to the harmony in Indonesia between Islam and other religions you speak of...Nope!

Just one example below but you can find many

"Borobudur, Islamists target Indonesia’s most important Buddhist temple
by Mathias HariyadiThe complex, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, risks being destroyed like the Buddhas of Bamiyan. Authorities strengthen security measures. Citizens invited to participate in the defense of "cultural heritage". President Yudhoyono declares jihadist violence "humiliating" for Islam....."

http://www.asianews.it/news-en/Borob...ple-31946.html

You also suggest that a vedic mantra can be replaced by an Islamic prayer and the outcome will be the same, not so because it has everything to do with a knowledge of sound. The whole Science of mantra is based on sound, tone, melody and the effects these cause. You cannot replace these "formulas" (sonic compositions) with some Islamic prayer of your choosing and expect the same result.

Last edited by Pusaka; 18th January 2019 at 03:10 PM.
Pusaka is offline   Reply With Quote