View Single Post
Old 16th July 2014, 07:10 PM   #12
kahnjar1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrahiim al Balooshi
Salaams Khanjar 1... Colloquial knicknames and regional folk lore often don't appear in official documentation especially in the case of a region that has been taken over by another state. Habaabi means of Abha... It is the traditional and local name also used in Oman for these weapons from the Abha region...Other traditional local nameology that isnt in the official list such as the one two and three grooved swords abu Falaj etc and local names for boiling honey...arabic is full of these lovely descriptive phrases....Several local names come in to play for the old guns and there is one called The One with the hump...A Martini Henry with a raised rear breach section.

The spread of the Omani Khanjar style ... Surely you are not suggesting that the regional variants from Asir and Al Hasa came from another region...and against all the trade link details I have outlined and the obvious style? A style so like the Omani Khanjar that the Prestigious author of Omani Silver and the extremely well versed people at Omani Silver dot com and others were hoodwinked??

Prove it.

Regards,
Ibrahiim al Balooshi.
I have no intention of "proving" anything. All I am saying is that Jambiya from other areas NOT NECESSARILY originated in design from Oman.
Maybe this all happened in the opposite direction.................

Remember please that this is a DISCUSSION Forum, and I am discussing rather than stating unproven facts.
kahnjar1 is offline   Reply With Quote