View Single Post
Old 9th February 2013, 06:47 PM   #12
Fernando K

Dear Fernando (and Dana)

Pedrenyal: I would like to copy a paragraph of "Pistoles, trabucs i pedrenyals", Marti, Salas y Calvo:

"to segleXVI mecanisme Europaun apareix to the Company of roda (Wheellock), CAPAC, l'accumulating energy per produiruna ignico necessaria instantly into a weapon, the senzill amb pressionar actions of a lever.

A Pedrenyal lánomena Catalunya, he adopts Coneix i ben aviat particulars i definedes reports that the equivalent seus dels differentiate the remainder of Europe.

To the rest of the Iberian Peninsula hom produceix poques armes de roda molt, molts coneixem envi sa Catalunya armes suministraven PEDRINYALERS that the civilian population, which aquestes armes ja mai will be considerades per a U.S. military "

Lavin, page 230 of his book:
"Locally, Were These pistols called" flintlocks ""

Encyclopedic Dizionario Italiano:
Petrinale (or pettrinale): S.M. fr. petrinal, che dallo pedrenal inglese "pietra focaia". Schioppeto to ruota, etc.

Don Quixote, Part Two, Madrid, 1615:
"He slept standing, interropiendo sleep, moving from place to place: everything was put spies, sentries hear blowing ropes muskets, Traian auque few because everyone served flintlocks"

SERRALLER: in the quoted text is differentiated from "panyetariue", so I think you should refer to
Traductor de Google para empresas:Translator ToolkitTraductor de sitios webGlobal Market Finder
Fernando K is offline   Reply With Quote