View Single Post
Old 26th November 2015, 07:09 PM   #4
Andi

Hello Marcus!
Sorry - there are some thoughts I should have already posted. I was not able yet to view the complete manuscript in detail.

Some of the bronze objects are depicted more than a trumpet like instrument, some are looking like breath operated fire throwers and some like tiller guns. But most of the images are really allowing a secure interpretation. For me it seems they bear a certain portion of phantasy.

The original Radzivill Chronicals are dating back to the 13th Century and describing the history of the Kiev Rus from the 9th to 13th Century, being a bit early for real firearms / guns. This copy of the Radziwill Chronicles dates to the 15th century and maybe misinterpreting parts of the images of the elder manuscript - in view of the relatively modern fireams in the 15th century? Or may be illustrating some fantastic objects in order to glorify the history of the Rus.
This are only some ideas - but please remind that I do not 100% know the background and content of the Radziwill chronicles.
Andi is offline   Reply With Quote