View Single Post
Old 21st March 2023, 03:55 PM   #114
awdaniec666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teisani View Post

I also propose the term banana-hilts for these
Speaking about those, banana-hilt is the better choice in comparison to an obvious alternative which found its way into nomenclature of medieval daggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teisani View Post
Figure 8 koncerz from 1559
Could be as well a side-sword or rapier in my opinion but I guess thats of minor importance. Again, I think one of, if not the most important specifications of a Koncerz is itīs role as a sword-lance from horseback with a lenght that was unsuitable for mounting it on a persons belt The use of piercing swords from horseback and the possibility to use them on foot would have been extensive and reality would most probably allow no clear dinstinction between types (as can be observed in the discussion about Szabl(y)a, Pallasch, Kard, Koncerz and so on). In todays discussion however a more or less clear nomenclature can help in the discussion and I think we should open up a thread someday to discuss that matter especially for east-central to east European arms and armour on the background of successful Western-European paragon.

Last edited by awdaniec666; 21st March 2023 at 04:13 PM. Reason: as always typo and add-on
awdaniec666 is offline   Reply With Quote