View Single Post
Old 10th June 2022, 11:06 PM   #34
mahratt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interested Party View Post
I have been meaning to say for some time that I find this book to be a valuable reference. My review has been delayed to some degree by the fact that the book does contain a lot of information and when cross referenced with the source material is a bit of an undertaking to fully appreciate. I find this to be a positive factor in a book such as this one. I have enjoyed the book's arguments using linguistics to pinpoint origin of blade type and the logic behind the scarcity of brass as a tool to help establish age. Whether further scholarship validate and reinforce his ideas only time will tell, but I personally appreciate Dmitry's efforts researching this underappreciated subject and hope he continues his studies. I look forward to your next writings.

As ihutch1 said above, I would love more information about the examples shown.

Sincerely,
IP
Thank you very much for your opinion. It's very nice to hear it.
If I manage to publish an English version of my book, I will be sure to include the weight of most of the items (since most of the items published in the book are from my collection and that of my friends). I will also mention the cross section of the blades.
mahratt is offline   Reply With Quote