View Single Post
Old 5th February 2018, 03:28 PM   #13
kai

Smile

Hello Roland,

Get well soon!

Quote:
It starts with a straight part because somehow you have to fix the handle.
Nah, that's only the tang: E. g. your real shamshir starts out with a (slightly) curved edge already. However, I don't believe this has any importance since this part of the blade won't do much cutting...

Quote:
Quote:
how do you define separate curves?
Sorry, this is obviously to see and I also highlighted it.
That won't cut it as I tried to explain: If you prefer to dissect a continuum, you should define working criteria (when striving for reproducible results).

Quote:
Yes I detemined the center of gravity and what is a sweet spot?
The preferred point of contact is often referred to as sweet spot - since it combines several qualities, it is a more functional and less objective "definition" based on feel rather than science. It might be preferable to stick with well defined parameters as COP, etc.

Quote:
Quote:
A comparison with the European "repro shamshir" will probably prove to be more interesting than with the M52 (the latter being an almost straight sword with a minor kink... )
I clearly will not waste my money for a Cold Steel Shamshir. And what is the sence to compare a Shamshir with a Shamshir?
Well, I believed the Euro "shamshir" you posted was yours, too. That one seems to be a real sword - no need to get a modern repro of questionable ergonomics...

Regards,
Kai
kai is offline   Reply With Quote