View Single Post
Old 2nd January 2013, 11:26 AM   #38
Tim Simmons

They are here, that was quick. Very pleased to add them to my collection. The clubs were really inexpensive but the shipping costs were high, more than the cost of the clubs. Saying that the Xavante one which I especially like, to me is worth more than the money total. Lets start off with I know they are not "antique" as other weapons we collect. However they are not toys and all have been carried around by thier original owners for some time. The Xavante club is a fabulous specimen 1.875kg and I cannot resist showing it next to heavy Fiji clubs which members will be more familiar with. The Kayapo sword club is more narrow than I expected and has a small bit of damage at the handle end. I was hoping for the broader version, still to hunt down. Kayapo is a collective term. All my Kayapo clubs have similar handle ends. I suspect the differences are products of different Kayapo groups. The group of clubs look good together. My source said the long dark round club with grooves is a very nice piece of its type. Now being hard to find amonst the more modern generations of Kayapo.
Attached Images

Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote