View Single Post
Old 26th February 2010, 02:00 AM   #22
Robert
EAAF Staff

Hello everyone. Here are the pictures that I promised. The knife does have some damage to the wire work that should not be too difficult to repair. One of the horns on the scabbard is also partially broken and will require a little more effort in its repair. The pictures are of the knife as it arrived without anything being done to it at all. Very nicely decorated blade. The hilt on the knife is bound in some form of reptile skin (the scales are quite obvious) and then the wire. The wooden scabbard is also covered in skin of undetermined origin and then wire. I could not get a decent picture of the hilt that would show the scales though but will try again tomorrow. It looks to me that the blade had been stored in the scabbard and had become stuck from the shrinkage to the wood and skin and the damage was probably caused when the owner tried to forcibly remove it. I would appreciate your comments and advice on what to do as far as restoration goes, or anything else for that matter. If anyone would like a picture of any particular area of the knife or scabbard just ask. Thank you for your help.

Robert

p.s.
Picture of skin on hilt added.
Attached Images

Last edited by Robert Coleman; 26th February 2010 at 03:22 AM.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote