View Single Post
Old 1st November 2009, 11:15 PM   #19
Sajen

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
You must have been a good boy.Santa is apparently being very nice to you this year. And so early. Bt this can only mean that yo will only receive a bag of coal on Christmas Day.
As for the Sumatran and the gold, i will say that i also have a Sumatran keris with gold and i was equally worried about washing and staining it. I held my breath and did it anyway and was quite pleased with my results. I can't guarantee your results, but it can be done. Mine is also missing a little bit of the kinatah, but i'm not sure there is anyone who cold restore it for me or if it wold be the best thing to do so.
I try to be a good boy every day again! Here in this part of Germany is coal a slang word for money, so I will be happy to get a bag like this!!
The kinatah on Sumatran blades is complete different then on Javanese or Balinese blades. I have one blade similar to this one and all gold is gone. First I will try to remove the rust without a new staining, when the result isn't good the blade get a new warangan.
Sajen is offline   Reply With Quote