View Single Post
Old 9th August 2009, 03:52 AM   #14
Nathaniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenchwarfare
Sword looks new. The habaki has a number on it. I smell China. They're making everything else, why not these? Thousands of copies, fakes, and fantasies, coming out of China. All forged. Amazing what you can accomplish, with modern technology, and free (slave) labor. It would boggle the mind, to know how many newly made swords, are in China as we speak. Er, type.
Hello harimauhk,

Gone for a few days and look what fun I missed :P The seller is truthful in what he says, the sword is from Lampang, not China...I can vouch for that because I have a similar piece which I know it came from the Lampang, versus the more commonly found Aranyik style which kronckew has in the pictures he posted.

These blades are better than the Aranyik daab, which have very little profile... they are more mass produced...more like a lawn mower blade...the Aranyik blades & handle feel very sturdy though...on the lampang piece I have I feel the handle could be a bit beefier...it would be interesting to know how they put the handle together.

I have not heard of this old thai smith Go Neaw. The seller's claims that he is the best sword maker in Thailand seem a little much.

Last edited by Nathaniel; 9th August 2009 at 04:16 AM.
Nathaniel is offline   Reply With Quote